Thursday, December 29, 2011

In the Jeans Man

I'm a reverse anorexic.

I look at myself and think meh, not so bad, I'm a pretty little thing! When in actuality the numbers show I'm obese. I am 5 foot 2 and should weigh anywhere from 110 to 120 pounds. I weigh 47 pounds more than that. But mentally I just don't feel it.

It takes my clothes to really show me the problem areas. Just like all of us I've gone up and down in sizes and explain away dryer shrinkage and sizing discrepancies. But deep down I know my jeans are my true measure.

So, here is a picture of two pairs of jeans. The dark pair I just got and are a little snug around the top muffin area. The light pair I've had for about 6 years and they are my favorites. I wore them AFTER I had my son so I know it's possible.

Side by side I don't see a difference at all and I think - cool! just a few jogs and I'm there!
Even on top of each other where you can see the difference I just am not getting the impact of the issue here:

The light ones are a size 5 and the dark ones are a size 13. Is that really all the difference there is in the sizes?!   I just can't wait to say I went down 8 sizes.

Ok but first step is to get these 13s to fit with room to breathe!

No comments:

Post a Comment